Belt tension

piglet74

Belt tension

Post by piglet74 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 pm

With the new wedge design, does anyone have any tips on how to pretension. I bottomed out at 34hz.

Now I'm going to unscrew the adjuster and take up two teeth and then see if I can get the adjuster to catch the threads and begin to tighten again.

Just curios what others have found.

Update! What worked for me was to set the bottom wedge in place when the top piece, with belt installed, is only halfway inserted. then I squeeze it and the carriage together with one hand while turning the screw to catch a few threads.

When the movable part is just below flush I got to 38hz.

UltiBots

Re: Belt tension

Post by UltiBots » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 am

That is exactly how I tensioned mine... mild tension with the tensioner half way held with finger pinch, then tightened with screw.
Brad - UltiBots LLC

Charles

Post by Charles » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:59 am

Hope this helps,

First, don't install/remove the tensioner block on the carriages like the initial directions state. They have to come off to make the belt install possible. Start with this, and pre-position the M2.5 Allen bolt on the carriage shown in the picture.

Next you'll need to install the belt and retention block into the tensioner. Keep the flat side of the belt to the right (while facing the carriage) and pull on the belt to seat the block into the tensioner. Then install it into the carriage. You'll want the tensioner screw started with about two-three turns.

Now just loop the belt up, around the top pulley then down around the motor, going back through the bottom the the carriage. While holding tension on the belt, press the retention block into the bottom the the carriage (bottom of picture). This is where getting good pre-tension happens, the belt needs to have no slack in it when installing the block

Now tighten up the tensioner. It needs to at least be nearly flush with the carriage to ensure the stop switch at the top is activated.

UltiBots

Post by UltiBots » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29 am

Thanks for taking the time to post!
Brad - UltiBots LLC