Configs for Dual Material Cyclops+Aqua

Ken.S

Configs for Dual Material Cyclops+Aqua

Post by Ken.S » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:22 pm

After figuring out the configs and how to do the material swaps, it works pretty flawlessly. Won't perform well with 'springy' materials like flexibles or PETG, but it's designed to print parts for the automotive industry out of ASA and scaffold snap.

Settings for Kisslicer and the Duet to run dual materials out of one nozzle with 610mm capricorn bowden tube and two bondtech BMG.

Here it is printing scaffold snap and ASA. The changeover tower is about the size of a dime.

Attachments
Cyclops settings.rar
Duet + Kisslicer settings
(6.18 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Ken.S

Re: Configs for Dual Material Cyclops+Aqua

Post by Ken.S » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Some other notes: ASA doesn't seem to stick to PEI well. That's why I had to use Geckotek hot. It also has the benefit of being handy for nylon.

This same profile will work for color mixing of ASA too, as that's what I used to dial it in.

Charles

Post by Charles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 pm

This is awesome. I bought my printer to specifically print stuff for cars (well my car) that if bought, would equal the cost of the printer. So it was a no brainer, make the stuff myself and have a toy.

That said, do you have any settings for a .8mm nozzle? I've noticed that most of the car stuff I print would benefit from the thicker layers for better adhesion since high resolution isn't that important.

Ken.S

Post by Ken.S » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:26 pm

I don't yet! Here's some configs for Scaffold Snap, an updated one for ASA, and one for Taulman Alloy 910
Attachments
_materials.rar
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Charles

Post by Charles » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 am

Awesome, thank you!