new D300VS+ ordered - what to print to prepare?

garyd9

new D300VS+ ordered - what to print to prepare?

Post by garyd9 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 pm

I have a D300VS+ kit with 7" PanelDue on order. While waiting, I thought I could prepare a bit by printing any parts that I might need on another printer. For example, I've seen some suggest a bracket to mount the PSU on the printer frame.

Are there any other suggested items that don't come with the kit that I can go ahead and print to prepare? 7 inch PanelDue case? PSU case/cover? Do any of the "self printed" parts have any filament requirements (such as needing a high temperature resistance, etc)?

Thanks
Gary

garyd9

Re: new D300VS+ ordered - what to print to prepare?

Post by garyd9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 am

It's a conspiracy! :lol: The "plus" section of the forum was gone until the day AFTER I finished my D300VS+ build. Well, at least now I can go back and see if I did things correctly. ;)

UltiBots

Post by UltiBots » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 am

So happy Grant had a recent backup... sweating there for a bit :)
Brad - UltiBots LLC

garyd9

Post by garyd9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:04 am

I have to tell you, Brad, that I'm really happy with the printer so far. I'm VERY thankful that you sent it before getting the borofloat plate in, as it's allowed me to assemble, tinker, and play.

This thing is FAST (compared to my flashforge creator pro.) My typical "test print" is a flexi-rex model from thingiverse, and it takes 2 1/2 hours on the FFCP and I get lots of rippling on the corners. With this D300VS+, I have a max print speed of about 110, and no ripples (and only 90 minutes to print.) (The FFCP is well calibrated and adjusted and I haven't really even started tweaking profiles and settings for the delta.)

UltiBots

Post by UltiBots » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am

Super!!! We are told Borofloat ships today. I have yet to see the VISA charge thou... We will get it out to your ASAP.
Brad - UltiBots LLC

garyd9

Post by garyd9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:55 pm

That reminds me - please don't bother sending a replacement for that LED strip that was soldered backwards. I'm _not_ going to put LED's at the top of the frame.

I've decided to instead just cut down one of the good strips to a few inches and mount it on the bottom, facing in towards the build plate. (Due to the magic of V-Slot extrusions, almost anyplace on the printer can be a mounting point.) Most of my prints aren't all that tall, so having added light near the bottom will be more helpful (at least for me.)

garyd9

Post by garyd9 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 am

...For the next person who is wondering the same thing and finds this thread:

garyd9

Post by garyd9 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 am

...For the next person who is wondering the same thing and finds this thread:

The only thing I ended up printing (that wasn't included) was a bracket to mount the PSU to one of the vertical extrusions. A PanelDue case was included, though I ended up printing a different one (just for my personal preference.)