TrickLaser Ball-Cup Arms

UltiBots

Re: TrickLaser Ball-Cup Arms

Post by UltiBots » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Brian - Printed a new carriage with 40mm spacing and was just able to get proper tension. Then I imported OpenBuilds V-Slot Gantry Plate 20mm into Fusion to determine OpenBuilds recommended spacing which is 39.7mm. A revised STL with 39.7mm spacing is now on the GitHub.
Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 3.06.21 PM.png
Brad - UltiBots LLC

bvandiepenbos

Post by bvandiepenbos » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks Brad, I will give it a try.

Anybody else having issue with 1st version being to tight?

mhackney

Post by mhackney » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:37 am

No, I think I have the very first version of carriage and they require about 1/4 turn of the eccentric to snug perfectly.
www.SublimeLayers.com - Musings and Experiments on the Art and Technology of 3D Printing

Support me and my work at Patreon and get early access to my upcoming book 3D Printing Strategies - the art of perfecting your designs and prints

Alexander Mundy

Post by Alexander Mundy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 pm

I am assuming that the "d300_belt_wedge.stl" & "d300_carriage_tensioner.stl" are the same for either the regular mag ball adjustable carriages and the trick laser adjustable carriages?

Alexander Mundy

Post by Alexander Mundy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Ok, broke down and ordered the trick laser arms. Went with 330mm for my 250 to get less arm angle. (I have 1M uprights so lost Z isn't a big deal) Printing the carriages now, so time to design a Nimble effector.

Alexander Mundy

Post by Alexander Mundy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

I worked on making an effector like the design I currently use for the Trick Laser arms with 35mm wide bars for the balls to go in and came to the conclusion it isn't possible without arm interference. So, I have 3 CF PETG carriages I printed prematurely. I managed to comfortably squeeze it with 10mm more width, but for some reason I'm having trouble meshing it even thought I did a solid and a geometry check at every step of the way. I also took Brad's experimental carriage and added 10mm total width to the ball mounts. If for some reason someone wants the STL drop me a message. The STL has a 30 folds on the surface, but I didn't mess with them since they won't effect slicing for 3D printing. And if someone wants the carriages I already printed I'll PIFF them.

The effector won't win any beauty awards.

bvandiepenbos

Post by bvandiepenbos » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 am

why not move the axle pivot point on the effector out farther from nozzle center so you can maintain the 35mm wide ball-stud mount bar?
Then you can use the new std. bc carriages?

note: this makes the ball spacing 50 mm, which is now the standard.
All metal carriages are in development that have the 50mm ball spacing. ;)
(By the way, the SeeMeCNC Rostock MAX ball spacing is 50mm so many things will be cross compatible)

Alexander Mundy

Post by Alexander Mundy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Just about done printing the new carriages. ;)

I wanted to keep the space between adjacent arm sets closer together.
I remembered reading this:

"Arm space does not influence movement calculation, but have an importance for the effector stability. Best stability is obtained for the minimum offset, with the maximum possible arm space for this offset (minimising b dimension)."

http://reprap.org/wiki/Delta_geometry

The negative to wider arm spacing (as I recall) was any carriage slop is magnified.

BTW, I'm fairly certain Micheal said the effective center spacing was 55mm on the ones Brad designed.

bvandiepenbos

Post by bvandiepenbos » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 am

The ball spacing is 50 mm on Brad's bc carriages

UltiBots

Post by UltiBots » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 am

Current dims for on d300_effector_bca
Arm space = 50mm.
Effector offset = 25mm
Space B = approx 18.3mm
Brad - UltiBots LLC