Duet Monitoring from Rasberry Pi

caphector

Duet Monitoring from Rasberry Pi

Post by caphector » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

I've been working on CLI logging, timelapses, and control for the Duet. I didn't like that I couldn't log temperatures or other print data and I wanted a timelapse utility as well. I'm also looking to add temperature monitoring (checking if the hot end temp is too far off from target).

I've gotten this to a point where my core features work and I wanted to let people have a look as I continue working on it.

Documentation and download here: https://github.com/caphector/duetmonitor/

UltiBots

Re: Duet Monitoring from Rasberry Pi

Post by UltiBots » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Cool stuff... taking Duet to the next level. I look forward to trying this when able!
Brad - UltiBots LLC

caphector

Re: Duet Monitoring from Rasberry Pi

Post by caphector » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:44 pm

I just finished testing timelapse features; now, when a print is complete it will generate a timelapse from the snapshots, then delete the source files. Octoprint doesn't have Apache running, which makes offloading the timelapses harder. I currently use dropbox_uploader.sh to put the files in my Dropbox.

I think my next focus will be macros and notifications - we should be able to execute any macro via CLI. Sending notifications of print completion will be useful.

The current features are:
- Log printing statistics to CSV. This records Layer, Bed Temp, Bed Target, Head Temp, Head Target, Percent Complete, Current Layer Time, Head Coordinates, Current Tool, Extruded, Fan Percent, Speed Factor, Extrusion Factor, Sequence, Fan RPM, Print Time, Raw Extrusion, First Layer Duration, First Layer Height, Warmup Time, File Left, Filament Left, and Layer Left
- Photograph the print at defined intervals and create a timelapse movie when done
- Basic print controls via cli - pause print, cancel print, LEDs on/off