Cura anyone?

wesc

Cura anyone?

Post by wesc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Has anyone got a set of settings that work well with Cura?

Version 3.2 has some interesting features - Tree based supports, ironing for smooth top surfaces, combing for less stringing and direct print to Duet (via plugin).

I'm still dialing in settings, having trouble with first layer filament starvation after travels...

My extruder is a Bondtech BMG with an E3Dv6. Profiles that work well with the microstruder work well with my setup...

wesc

Re: Cura anyone?

Post by wesc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Got something to work ok. See attached PLA profile which works with my Bondtech BMG+E3Dv6. It should work with any direct extruder.

It's a start at least.

I really like the Ironing feature -- it makes the top of prints look as good or better than the part tuoching the bed.

I had to turn Combing mode off to get it to print a first layer reliably. Speeds are pretty conservative -- they could be bumped up and tweaked.

(And if you are trying Cura for the first time, turn off auto-slice)

I don't see a way to export Machine specific settings. The Start and end Gcode should look very similar to what you have with your current slicer. Reprap Gcode flavor works with Duet.
Attachments
Ultibots 02mm PLA.zip
(527 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times

wesc

Post by wesc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm

I recommend the Cura-Duet direct plugin. Get it here (0.08 or later):
https://github.com/Kriechi/Cura-DuetRRFPlugin/releases
If using Chrome, the Duplicate Tab Helper prevents the plugin from opening duplicate Duet tabs
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... clnionlgoh

UltiBots

Post by UltiBots » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks for sharing... Cool plugin. Got to try this ;)
Brad - UltiBots LLC

Firefly

Post by Firefly » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:29 am

what about machine settings? I just tried the latest Cura and it was trying to print in mid air.